Chiropractic Adds Vitality to Life
Through the use of our specific, gentle adjusting techniques, we’re able to effectively correct spinal alignment patterns, helping to create comfort and stability as it relates to spinal mechanics and function. We also offer custom-made orthotics.
Here are some of our more common adjusting styles that can be tailored to the individual preferences of each practice member
- Activator Methods®: Through the use of a handheld instrument, this technique delivers a light, low-force adjustment to the spine. We use this method primarily for those patients who are more delicate or sensitive, along with a similar instrument device called The Impulse.
- Diversified: This is a classic chiropractic technique that uses hands-on, manual adjusting.
- Thompson Drop Table: This is an effective technique for those practice members that prefer a light-force style of adjusting. The specialized table features neck, chest and pelvic pieces that have the capacity to drop during the adjustment.
We Honor Your Feelings
Chiropractic care is safe and gentle with a stellar track record of successful outcomes for newborns, moms-to-be, athletes, parents, aging seniors and children of every age.
Despite its successful history, we understand that sometimes practice members have some anxiety before their first treatment due to fear of the unknown. We promise to make sure that you’re comfortable and relaxed before your first adjustment.
We can assure you that after your first adjustment, you’ll experience one of three things:
- Many will feel an immediate shift to feeling looser with less tension.
- Some will take longer to notice a difference if the problem has been there for a long time.
- A little bit of soreness or stiffness the following day for some people. However this will subside, and almost all practice members experience an array of unexpected benefits as they continue with their care plan, including better sleep, calmer digestion, improved alertness and enhanced immune system function.
One of Our Favorite Success Stories
Dr. Don has a favorite story about one of the longtime members of the practice. As he walked into the room to adjust her for the first time, the woman glanced up at him and burst into tears. Her fear was palpable.
After Dr. Don gently reassured her, she received her first adjustment. Her response? “Wow, that wasn’t bad at all!”
These words are familiar to us, and this particular woman has been a part of our South Side Chiropractic family now for almost a decade, returning to an active life that she believed was lost to her.
We work hard to obtain your trust, and nothing makes us happier than to partner with you in achieving your health goals.
Make an appointment today; you’ll love our warm and welcoming office!